Who will benefit from this course?
This qualification is designed for people with:
- little to no experience, wishing to enter the security workforce
- related experience e.g. Police Force or Defence Force, who wish to utilise their existing skills and knowledge in the Security Industry
- specific experience in the field of security
What does the course cover?
To be awarded this qualification, learners must successfully demonstrate competency in fourteen (14) core units. there are no elective units. This course is delivered in six (6) clusters covering all the required units of competency including:
Cluster 1 - WHS & Security Risks
- CPPSEC2103 Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
- CPPSEC2104 Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
- CPPSEC2113 Escort and protect persons and valuables
Cluster 2 - Defensive Techniques and Legal
- CPPSEC2106 Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
- CPPSEC2102 Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
Cluster 3 - Client Services and Quality
- CPPSEC2101 Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
- CPPSEC2105 Provide quality services to a range of security clients
Cluster 4 - Screening and Patrol
- CPPSEC2107 Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
- CPPSEC2108 Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
- CPPSEC2109 Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
Cluster 5 - Crowd Control & Licensed Venues
- CPPSEC2110 Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
- CPPSEC2111 Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
- CPPSEC2112 Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
Cluster 6 - First Aid
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Course Outcome and Security Licencing
By successfully completing this qualification you will be issued an official certificate CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations.
This qualification meets the training requirements to apply for a Security Agents Licence for Security Officer, Crowd-Venue Control and General Guarding in South Australia.
To obtain a Security Agent’s licence in SA you must meet the following additional requirements and apply for the licence through the Office of Consumer and Business Services.
These requirements include:
- Being over 18 years of age
- Not have been convicted of relevant offences
- Undertaking a national police check and finger-printing
- Physical requirements
The physical requirements of a Security Officer include the ability to deal with various security threats and challenges and perform physical tasks on a daily basis. Therefore, learners must be:
- Physically strong and fit, including able to quickly respond to visual and auditory cues in the environment.
- Able to work on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Able to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) for a minimum of 2 minutes.
Further information can be found at: SA.GOV.AU - Security agent licence (www.sa.gov.au)
Where will the course be held?
Our courses are generally held at our purpose-built training facility in Para Hills South Australia however we also deliver this course at Clients and Workforce Australia Provider sites.
Please call us or submit an enquiry for more information on our site locations.
What are the Entry Requirements?
Nexar Training Academy requires learners to:
- Provide photo identification prior to enrolment being accepted
- Be over the age of 18
- Have the required level of Language, Learning and Numeracy skills required by the course, ACSF level 2. If you require further information on this, please contact us.
To be eligible to apply for a security licence you must not pose a risk to public safety. Please note this process may include fingerprinting and a criminal history check. Please refer to our section on Security Licencing for further information.
There are no formal prerequisites for students looking to enroll in this course.
How will the course be delivered?
This course can be undertaken via three delivery options:
- 6-days face-to-face with blended delivery including self-paced online learning (recommended for learners with prior experience)
- 15-days face-to-face with pre-reading
- 18-days fully face-to-face (recommended for new starters)
Our 6-day face-to-face (F2F) blended course requires learners to commit to completing on-line self-paced study and written assessments before and after F2F training days. Self-paced modules are delivered online and will require learners to have access to a laptop or computer with internet access, all modules must be completed within 3-months of attending the F2F component.
Our 15- and 18-day face-to-face courses provide learners with the opportunity to undertake the full course in a classroom environment and does not require the completion of online self-paced modules. The 15-day course does require learners to commit to a series of pre-reading before commencement.
All courses consist of practical workshops and assessments delivered by our experienced security trainers and assessors where you will learn and practice essential skills training under supervision in defensive tactics, crowd control, and much more.
Please contact us to discuss which delivery option will be best suited for you.
How will assessment be conducted?
Assessment will be through demonstration of knowledge through written questions and answers and projects, and demonstration of workplace skills and knowledge through practical simulations of workplace activities. Learners must attend all training sessions and complete all modules.
Learners must complete all self-paced modules and attend all face-to-face workshops (8.30am-4.30pm). Any training workshops missed will require re-attendance for that workshop in a later course and may prevent progressing with the current course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Credit Transfer (CT)
All prospective learners enrolling in the course are entitled to apply for RPL and CT. Please contact us for more information or refer to our policies on our website.
Course fees are outlined below and vary according to your course mode of delivery.
- 6-days - $895
- 15-days - $1020
- 18-days - $1300
Course fees are subject to change and further information on our fees and charges policy and procedures can be found on our website.
Discounts may be available for group bookings.
Note: Security Licensing fees are payable directly to CBS and are separate from course fees unless alternative arrangements have been made.
Please refer to our student handbook for additional information such as fees, cancellations, refunds, privacy, our enrolment process, student support, etc.
The following employment pathways are available to students who complete this qualification:
- security officer
- unarmed guard
- crowd controller
- control room operator
This qualification also provides a pathway to further learning and work in various security roles and settings including:
- armed guarding
- close protection
- guard dog handling
Students who complete this course may wish to further their study of Security or Public Safety industries in qualifications such as:
- CPP31318 Certificate III in Security Operations
- CPP40719 Certificate IV in Security Management
Phone: 1300 717 445